Come join us for worship on Sunday!
CHURCH WORSHIP SCHEDULE:
Sunday Morning Bible Study: 9:30 a.m.
Worship Service: 10:45 a.m.
Dear Friends in Christ,
What a privilege it is for believers in Jesus Christ to be the children of God. We have a heavenly Father who owns the world and all that is in it. We have a heavenly Father who loves us, gave His son for us, provides for us and faithfully keeps His promises to us. We have a heavenly Father who has no needs that we could ever be required to satisfy and no deficiencies that we might be required to supply. Our Almighty Heavenly Father is completely happy, sovereign, and self sufficient.
How can we please our Almighty Heavenly Father who has no needs?
- by sincerely seeking to obey his commands,
- by honestly repenting of our sin,
- by trusting in His goodness to take care of us and
- by coming to Him in prayer with our needs.
John Piper said, “God takes pleasure in those who hope in His love. God delights not when we offer Him our strength, but when we wait for His. God is the kind of God who delights not in making demands but in meeting needs. By answering the prayers of the upright, God’s glory is magnified and the wants of our soul are satisfied.”
In His Word God says,
- Proverbs 15:8, “… the prayer of the upright pleases Him.”
- Psalm 50:15, “… call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”
- Matthew 7:11, “If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”
Will you sincerely try to obey God’s commands? Will you honestly repent of your sin? Will you hope and trust in God’s goodness to take care of you and your family? Will you come to the Lord in prayer for your personal needs? Will you honor God when He shows Himself strong on your behalf and meets your needs?
Our God is the kind of God who delights not in making demands but in meeting needs.